On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 10:33 PM Jamesie Pic <j...@yourlabs.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 11:06 AM Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Most places where you need to talk to humans, you'll end up either
> > interpolating the values into a template of some sort (see: percent
> > formatting, the format method, and f-strings), or plug individual
> > values straight into method calls (eg when building a GUI). I'm not
> > sure why or how your use-case is somehow different here.
>
> Actually we're moving away from templates, in favor of functional
> decorating component-based pattern pretty much like React, in some R&D
> open source project. Not only do we get much better performance than
> with a template rendering engine, but we also get all the power of a
> good programing language: Python :)

Well, I've no idea how your component-based system works, but in React
itself, under the covers, the values end up going straight into
function calls, which was the other common suggestion I gave :)
There's a reason that those two styles, rather than join() itself,
will tend to handle most situations.

ChrisA