On 08Oct2019 09:19, Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au> wrote:
On 07Oct2019 10:56, Joao S. O. Bueno <jsbu...@python.org.br> wrote:
So, in short, your idea is to allow "=" signs inside `[]` get notation to
be translated
to dicts on the call,

Subjectively that seems like a tiny tiny win. I'm quite -1 on this idea; language spec bloat to neglible gain.

in the same way comma separated values are translated to tuples?

Chris pointed out to me recently that tuples don't need commas, the commas alone suffice. You see brackets _around_ tuples a lot because of precedence.

I wrote "tuples don't need commas". That should read "tuples don't need brackets". The brackets are not part of the tuple syntax.

Ouch,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>