Late to the game, I like the proposal a lot but have a couple of questions
about it.

Why the need for strictness of type for the operator? I get that it's analogous
with the behavior for `list`, but I guess I'm also not sure why that should be
strict. As a compromise in regard to strictness, what it anything that is a
`Mapping` or has `.asdict()` could be added using the operator but only those
kinds of thing?

Also, why was subtraction dropped? It seems to me the ability to subtract an
iterable of keys makes a lot of sense — or maybe that should be a separate PEP?