On 20/10/2019 03:56:22, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
When using a custom classdict to implement a DSL or use in the body of a class
definition, from what I can tell by experiment, the classdict takes priority,
and the surrounding context is only referenced if trying to get an item from
the classdict raises `KeyError`.

Can I make a plea that posters to this (and other) lists do not introduce acronyms, abbreviations or jargon that are not commonly used Python terminology and may not be familiar to everyone who reads them? (I say "_*introduce*_".  I have no problem with a term explained in one post being used without explanation in subsequent posts in the same thread.  If I can't be bothered to read the whole thread, that's my problem.)
Googling
    DSL
Wikipedia offers
    Digital Subscriber Line
    Damn Small Linux, a very small Linux distribution
    Danish Sign Language
    Definitive software library
    Design Science License, a copyleft license for intellectual property
    Diagnostic Systems Laboratories, a company now part of Beckman-Coulter
    Dictionary of the Scots Language
    Domain-specific language, a specialized computer language
    Dominican Summer League of baseball
    Artists signed to Ed Banger Records
    Deutsche Schule Lagos, or the German School Lagos
I don't know which, if any, of these is the OP's intended meaning (my best guess is Domain-specific language, but that's all it is - a guess). I (and no doubt others) am less likely to engage with a thread if I have to spend more time than necessary trying to understand it.
Thanks
Rob Cliffe