Rob Cliffe via Python-ideas writes:

 > I (and no doubt others) am less likely to engage with a thread if I
 > have to spend more time than necessary trying to understand it.

You write as if that's a bad thing. ;-)  I consider that I often make
the largest contribution to this list by reading more posts and
stifling the impulse to reply to any of them. :-)  YMMV, of course.

 > Can I make a plea that posters to this (and other) lists do not
 > introduce acronyms, abbreviations or jargon that are not commonly
 > used Python terminology

I don't see why this would apply to examples such as "DSL".  If you
don't know what "DSL" means from context, you're probably not
interested in that example in the first place.  On the other hand, if
the jargon in question is Python-specific (and that is usually
apparent from context), maybe spending the time to look it up and then
read the language manual or the stdlib manual is worthwhile.  I can
say it always has been for me, YMMV, as usual.

Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information
Email: turnb...@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp                   University of Tsukuba
Tel: 029-853-5175                 Tennodai 1-1-1, Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN