Hi Abdur-Rahmaan,

On 4/12/19 8:14 am, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
I suggest we find a way to close a mail thread. Obviously we can't stop people from sending mails,  but, like when a mod sees the topic has been juiced out, he closes the topic which practically means:

if mailman sees mails being sent to a topic closed by a mod, it does not relay it to the list.

It is normally difficult to say when a topic has been juiced out (the essentials have been said, with no new inputs). One might close the topic prematuraly. So, a time-based automatic closing might be better. Example: After 5 days, a topic is closed. A mod can extend the closing though.

I think a human solution rather than a technical one would be better by either polity asking the one who's going around in circles to do some more useful with their time or by simply ignoring the message. You can also set up filters in your own email program if you feel it's bothering you too much.

cheers,
Jan