This is an honest question:

Is it helpful to anyone taking part in this conversation about the
conversation to have it?

I don’t think it’s helpful to the list as a whole, honestly.

I suggest next time the conversation gets a bit heated or offensive, and
someone points it out, that everyone involved says “I’m sorry”, then takes
a little break, and then the technical discussion can resume.

One other suggestion is that if you are finding someone’s posts annoying or
offensive, then either block them quietly or send them a direct note
explaining why. Having that discussion in public just stirs things up for
the rest of us.

On the other hand, if folks really do find these conversations about the
conversation helpful, maybe start a new thread?

-CHB

> --
Christopher Barker, PhD

Python Language Consulting