The rush to push this to a PEP is unseemly. This has only been two
days and I am sure that there will be many people who could be
interested but haven't had a chance to look at the thread yet due to
other committments.

(Even in this time of Covid-19 lockdowns, some people have work and
other committments.)

Choosing good syntax should require more than just enumerating all the
options and having a popularity contest. For starters, it would be nice
if the options actually had some connection to the thing we are trying
to do, rather than just randomly picking characters :-)

--
Steven