I'm wondering if a `mode` (or similar) keyword argument, with multiple
possible options, should be included in the "rejected" section of the PEP.

zip(*args, mode="longest")  <-- default
zip(*args, mode="equal")  <-- or "even"

An advantage of this way is if the option to zip in different ways proves
popular, you could later add zip shortest as an option, and maybe others
I'm not smart enough to think of:

zip(*args, mode="shortest")

The PEP should argue against doing this since `strict= True or False`
forever limits you to only two modes of zipping.

---
Ricky.

"I've never met a Kentucky man who wasn't either thinking about going home
or actually going home." - Happy Chandler