Thanks for switching to python-ideas.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:35 AM Celelibi <celel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 03:47:05PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> > Hi, Celelibi,
> >
> > Welcome to Python Ideas.
> >
> > Python Dev is more for discussions of implementations of proposed
> > features, typically clearly on their way to an accepted pull request
> > into master.  Python-Ideas is a better place for a request for
> > enhancement without an implementation patch, so I'm moving it here.
>
> If it's just that, I can probably provide a patch for
> run_until_complete.

It would be premature until there is more agreement that your proposal is
sound.

I don't want to quote your whole email, but I do have an important piece of
advice. Asyncio was designed explicitly to disallow recursive event loops.
You may think they are important based on what you've done with other event
loops in other languages. But changing asyncio to allow recursive event
loops would require a very serious reconsideration of its design.

Based on your project description it looks like you should ask somewhere
(not python-ideas) for advice on how to best structure your gradual
migration within asyncio's current limitations, rather than trying to
propose deep changes to the standard library.

Sorry the news is not better, but you will be better off this way.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)
*Pronouns: he/him **(why is my pronoun here?)*