On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 7:06 PM Alex Hall <alex.moj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 9:34 AM Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> (Not sure why this is on python-ideas - wouldn't python-list be more
>> appropriate? Keeping it where it is for now though.)
>

> As someone not familiar with the other lists...why? It's a proposal of an
> idea that could use some debate. Isn't this the perfect place?

What's the idea being discussed? AIUI there's no need or request to
change the language/stdlib, but maybe I'm misreading. This is a cute
showcase of how a class namespace can be used to gather multiple
functions together and build a property with them; it already works
without any changes. So it's a great thing to discuss, but with no
changes being proposed, it's not really an idea for the language. On
python-list, there'll be more people, many of whom wouldn't think to
hang out here, but could still appreciate (a) this cool way of doing
properties, and (b) the more general notion that a decorated class or
metaclass can be used for this kind of very powerful namespacing.

ChrisA