On 06/08/2020 21:24, raymond.hettin...@gmail.com wrote:
Have a look at PEP 463, which looks into this in some detail.
I wish this PEP had gained more traction.  Sooner or later, everyone wants an
expression form of a try/except.

When it comes to expressing "in the event of this exception, I want this
default",  exception expressions read much more nicely than an equivalent try/except
block.

Also, new syntax would keep the rest of the language clean so that don't end up
adding dozens of get() methods. Or r having us expand function signatures with
default arguments, like min() and max() functions for example.

It would be great if this PEP were to be resurrected.

+1.
Rob Cliffe