Testing myself on a large fasta file, I find far faster performance with
igzip, but also far lower compression rate (than gzip -6, the default).

My gzipped fasta is nearly half the size of igzip at its -3 maximum. I
haven't tried 'gzip -3' to compare that size.

This limitation seems to limit this greatly as a potential drop-in
replacement in current version.