Jeffrey Kintscher writes:

 > "from foo import *" is a really lazy programming practice

However much corporate policies and educators may deprecate widely
adopted coding practices, complaining about them will get you
disliked, and nothing else.

If you want an Infinity constant adopted, please tell us why this has
such huge benefits as opposed to the spelling "float('inf')".  See
Cade Brown's posts, you don't need to (and shouldn't) repeat them.  I
find them unpersuasive;  I see the point, but I don't think they
overcomes the principle that this is a relatively rarely used
facility, and so doesn't need to be built-in.

Also someone needs to explain how to avoid the debacle that was the
the name collisions with True and False when the bool type was
introduced.