Search upwards for what (if anything) is going to catch an Exception would
be a mighty useful static/dynamic analysis thing. Is there anything that
can do this?

I'd hazard to guess that *most* apps will just crash and expect the process
spawner (e.g. systemd, supervisord, not sysV init) to re-spawn the crashed
process after the unhandled fault?

https://github.com/analysis-tools-dev/static-analysis#python
https://github.com/analysis-tools-dev/dynamic-analysis#python
https://github.com/vinta/awesome-python#code-analysis