J. Pic writes:

 > +1 because print is a debugging tool mostly used in short lived
 > temporary code as such the parenthesis do not matter and do not
 > provide any value.

Sez you.  In *my* "business process automation" (I'm a professor), its
primary use is for normal output.

In debugging such code, I often replace the print function rather than
add logger logging.

If you want to save keystrokes, an editor macro (which avoids the
shift-keystrokes required by parentheses on all keyboard layouts I
know of) or "p = print" are probably more effective.

 > I believe that the parenthesis don't matter in the vast majority of
 > cases where a developer writes a print statement: because they
 > would delete afterwards ie. with git checkout -p or something.

Certainly not true for me.