On 2020-11-22 06:32, Paul Moore wrote:
Definitely not. I'm thinking of something*far*  more limited.
Specifically, things I'm not suggesting be in the stdlib:

1. Bundling the Python binaries.
2. Stripping out unneeded modules.
3. Executables forms other than "single file".
4. Support for C extensions.

I'd say there's no use in having such a tool if it doesn't support C extensions. Without C extensions you can't include most GUI toolkits like Qt, which are key to making a "real app" in many cases. That alone is enough to kill it for me. And if that wasn't damaging enough, you also lose the whole scipy stack.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."