> > Oh, and Chrome itself needs to be updated -- only on
> > what, millions of machines? V8 is bundled with Chrome -- you know, kind of
> > like a
> > PyInstaller app bundles Python ;-)
> > Uhhh... no, that's kind of like how Python bundles Python. That's not
> bundling an app. You update Chrome once, and every app is updated.
> Again, thank you for restating my point, but trying to make it sound
> like a counter-argument.

I would argue this sounds like a case for a "python_runner", i.e. a lightweight
python vm that can run python apps, e.g. zipapps. Something like the
blender_runner for blender. Making it explicitly an app that runs via some
other engine.

It would then be a central entry-point that can be updated to a later python
and all the apps update with it.
It would have to provide a utility for desktop shortcuts to feel like the
python app was launching natively.