Why are you trying to replicate move semantics in Python?  The Python
ownership model is entirely different from C++.  In C++ terms, every
Python object is like a shared_ptr<> (but with additional support for
tracking and collecting reference cycles).

Generally, when a Python function wants to "take ownership" of a
mutable object (say, to mutate it without the caller being surprised),
it makes a copy of the object (e.g. dict.copy()).

Regards

Antoine.

On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 17:34:52 -0000