On 2020-12-05 05:49, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
For that I would need to use RPython. I considered that circa 5 years
ago, and of course explored it. I "liked" what I saw, sure. But I
"wasn't happy" with what I saw.

There seem to be hints that I may be making this "strict mode" thingy
because I wasn't aware of PyPy/RPython. But actually it's the opposite:
being aware of RPython and knowing enough about it is what causes me to
explore a different direction.

The main thing I don't understand is what you expect to be the result of this proposal; or, in other words, what you expect anyone besides you to do with your idea. You say we shouldn't think in terms of CPython, that this is separate from CPython. You say you're also not interested in existing alternative Pythons or quasi-Pythons like Cython. So what is it you want? Some people here to say "Yes, I'll join you and work on a totally new restricted version of Python from scratch just to see what happens"?

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."