"lambda" is unnecessarily obscure.

Beginner: "why is it called lambda?"

Teacher: "Don't worry about it, just use it to define a function"

I'm not taking a side on whether to change Python, but let's please not lose sight of just how opaque the word "lambda" is. People who know the background of lambda can easily understand using a different word.  People who don't know the background are presented with a "magic word" with no meaning.  That's not good UI.

--Ned.