Christopher Barker writes:

 > i really hate lists that don't have the the list as the default reply
 > setting :-(

This is something that lists should *not* do, because your MUA can and
should do it for you (and not for me).  If you want the feature, get a
decent MUA (unfortunately, that probably means using an Emacs-based
MUA or Mutt).

The algorithm the MUA needs to implement is not difficult (basically,
look for a List-Post field in the header and reply-to-list if found),
nor is any additional needed functionality (and many MUAs already
implement reply-to-list).  For reasons I don't understand, the popular
MUAs just refuse to DWIM the 'r' key for you.