On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 2:13 PM Matt del Valle <matthew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> <SNIP>
> Ricky's curry helper decorator is cool, but for me the drawback that makes
> it a dealbreaker is that it is too dynamic for IDE's to understand. I write
> a lot of library code and find myself routinely foregoing metaprogramming
> and runtime attribute/function/class generation in favor of statically
> declared code so that my consumers will receive assistance from their
> editors.

I'll go further: the IDE would be rendered nearly useless! And this is
probably the biggest single drawback-- if part of the motivation behind
such a fluent style is to help programmers understand the code they are
writing more quickly as they write it (seems to me to be the goal anyway),
if you also break all the help provided by the IDE in the process, you
haven't attained that coal no matter how nifty your cool new fluent code
style is.

---
Ricky.

"I've never met a Kentucky man who wasn't either thinking about going home
or actually going home." - Happy Chandler