On 2021-10-26 17:41, Christopher Barker wrote:
Python used to be such a simple language, not so much anymore :-(

I quite agree, and I feel like this is my biggest reason why I don't want this "feature" (or any of another gazillion features that have been suggested and/or accepted here, including the walrus). The benefit of this PEP simply does not justify the added complexity of the language as a whole. Using None (or some sentinel) and including code to check for it works fine. It's not worth it to add a whole new layer of behavior to something as basic as argument-passing just to avoid having to type `if arg is None`.

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path, and leave a trail."