>This looks interesting. The 32-bit limitation is a bit of a bummer, but I
suppose that can be lifted, right ?
Right. Already lifted. I wasn't actually realizing that installing additional
python
version could cause people so much trouble.

>Here's an old project trying to do more or less the same:
>http://poshmodule.sourceforge.net/
Yes, in my previous article on habr I specifically mention it. I actually
borrowed
lots of of techniques from it (memory handles, shared heap, object copy/proxy),
I even called my project similarly.
However, I went far beyond the POSH implementation by solving the key problem -
how to use those objects correctly. POSH provides some very basic optional
locking. Countrary, I implemented real atomic transactions to manipulate shared
objects with unprecedented safety and simplicity.
Despite the similarities, you can see my own code is 4 time as large as POSH,
so there much more differences than similarities, that's why I called it
differently.

>Another newer one, which is specific to numpy arrays:
>https://pypi.org/project/SharedArray/
That is the strangest and probably useless thing I met so far. It provides
absolutely
no synchronization and writes the data to a file for some reason (to just list
the shared objects he could keep the files empty). It seems like the author had
no idea what he was doing.

>For more general purpose types, there's Apache Arrow's
>Plasma store:
>https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/plasma.html
Yes, that's the most popular thing for a general purpose sharing of memory.
However, it's not python-friendly and implies no mutation on shared memory.
Although it's good for communicating between python and external programs.