On Tue, 8 Feb 2022 at 01:27, Eric V. Smith <e...@trueblade.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 7, 2022, at 1:55 AM, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> …
> > def spam():
> >    bird = "Norwegian Blue"
> >    volts = 4e6
> >    return "{volts}V insufficient to voom {bird}".format(**locals())
>
> This is completely off topic, but: the better way to do this is with
> .format_map(locals()).
>
> This public service announcement is part of my goal to increase knowledge of
> format_map().

Fair point. Still, my original statement was that it is even better to do it as:

return f"{volts}V insufficient to voom {bird}"

which treats it fully as code. But if the information wasn't from
locals and was from some other dict, then yes, I fully accept the
correction, format_map would have been the correct choice.

ChrisA