On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 at 04:02, Christopher Barker <python...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just one note:
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 6:56 AM Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > (2) For the form of the assignment target, I think an analogy with the
>> > reception of function arguments could also be considered.
>

> I think so -- maybe only because it's new, but folks are certainly far more
> familiar with **kwargs than pattern matching.

Structural pattern matching does a more general assignment than
happens at passing of function arguments.  So the latter is simpler,
but is sufficient (at least conceptually) for the form of assignment
considered here.  However, both of them may lead to distinct pieces of
syntax, both of which might possibly be useful.

Best regards,
Takuo Matsuoka