On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 at 14:36, Jeremiah Vivian
<nohackingofkrow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > See Python's "batteries included" philosophy.
> > If users find themselves re-implementing the same utility function over
> > again and over again across different projects, it's a good sign that such
> > a function should be part of the standard library.
> Also something I agree with. What this method does is done a lot of times and
> it could be made a little more readable by making it into an actual method.

On the other hand, it might be an indication that a tuple is the wrong
tool for the job. As noted, a namedtuple DOES allow you to replace one
component, and to do so by name rather than knowing its index, so
possibly that would be a better choice here.

ChrisA