On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 12:35:56AM -0700, Paul Bryan wrote:

> I wonder if applying regular expressions would sufficiently address
> your use case.

'Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
regular expressions." Now they have two problems.' -- Jamie Zawinski

Apart from (probably) being slower and harder to understand, what
benefit would a regular expression bring to this problem? Julio already
has a working solution that does exactly what he wants: