On Mon, 25 Sept 2023 at 00:15, Dom Grigonis <dom.grigo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see what you mean, but this property is arguably intrinsic to what it is.
> And is part of f-strings vs explicit formatting property too:
>
> variable = 1
> print(f'{variable=} and b={variable}')
> # VS
> msg = 'variable={v} and b={v}'
> print(msg.format(v=variable))
>
> Especially, where msg can be pre-stored and reused.

What do you mean by that? Are you suggesting that there's a massive
cost in constructing a string literal and thus reusing it with
.format() is more efficient than an f-string? Because that's, uhh,
kinda not the point of str.format().

And if that isn't what you mean, what is it? Your posts are often
distinctly unclear. I get the impression that you think everyone else
understands your idea.

ChrisA