Dave Merrill schrieb:
Newb question: Is it possible/recommended  to have multiple versions of
Python installed simultaneously? Earlier, I installed 2.4rc1, and a number
of things in my 2.3.3 install stopped working. Are there known techniques
for managing multiple versions?

Short answer: depends on your OS.

I assume "stopped working" means: libraries were missing. This means that "managing multiple versions" already works for you. The libraries are installed for Python 2.3 and only 2.3 uses them. That's the expected behaviour. Install them for 2.4 as well and everything should work fine.

Stefan