Dave Merrill wrote:
Newb question: Is it possible/recommended  to have multiple versions of
Python installed simultaneously? Earlier, I installed 2.4rc1, and a number
of things in my 2.3.3 install stopped working. Are there known techniques
for managing multiple versions?

What exactly stopped working? Other than the fact that file associations for .py files will, obviously, point to only one of the two versions, I don't believe there should be any other conflicts. They use different registry keys, for example, and normally don't rely on environment variables, the PATH, or such. Had you made any customizations to the default installation, such as adding a PYTHONHOME env var, or putting one folder in your PATH?

-Peter