Michael McGarry wrote:

Esmail Bonakdarian wrote:

My post wasn't complete, sorry for the additional post:

ps: this is basically the same query as posted December 10 “Re: GUIs: wxPython vs. Tkinter (and others)” by Erik Johnson which really seemed to end up comparing PyQt (?)

I recommend PyQt because of the easy to use designer progam that speeds up GUI development. Designer allows you to design your UI visually and establish handlers for events. It outputs a .ui file.

You then call 'pyuic myui.ui > myui.py' to turn your ui into a python class.

The Qt framework is very straightforward to use as well and www.trolltech.com maintains good documentation on the framework.

Check it out: http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/index.html

PS: You can also use your .ui files to output C++ classes with 'uic' instead of 'pyuic'. I also think there is a 'puic' to create Perl code. So, that single ui description can be used in multiple languages.

My two cents,
Michael

Michael:

Just a bit less-than-helpful when the original post specifically asked for comparisons *between Tkinter and wxPython* in the context of having two weeks to work on *Python* ;-)

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119