[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Do you know this for a fact?

I'm going by newsgroup messages from around the time that I was
proposing to put together a standard block cipher module for Python.

Ah, newsgroup messages. Anybody could respond, whether they have insight or not.

The PSF does comply with the U.S. American export procedures for
crypto code, and reports the crypto code in Python appropriately to BXA.

Since rotor was removed, there is no crypto code in Python that needs
reporting.

We have released different versions of Python in the past. For Python 2.2, a report about the rotor module was sent to BXA.

Regards,
Martin