I've been trying to make my music app use dual core,
and would very much like some more detailed information on this.

Excuse my lack of knowledge,
but how do I explicitly release the GIL ?

I haven't learned this, but have found through experimentation that I
can release a thread by using time.sleep(0) inside a thread's "run
while true" loop. This seems to create an interrupt, and give other
threads a chance to do their thing.
If this is terribly wrong (it works, but I dont' know how stable it
is), please do point me in the direction of a proper way to implement
it.
As stated in an earlier post, my threads do not work on shared data,
so I have not implemented any sort of lock or mutex.

best
Oeyvind