"Giovanni Bajo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Are bug-tracker configuration issues so critical that having to wait
> 48-72hrs
> to have them fixed is absolutely unacceptable for Python development? It
> looks
> like an overexaggeration. People easily cope with 2-3 days of SVN
> freezing,
> when they are politically (rather than technically) stopped from
> committing to
> SVN. I guess they can wait 48 hrs to be able to close that bug, or open
> that
> other one, or run that query.

I think tracker downtime is quite possibly worse than repository downtime.
The small group of developers with SVN commit privileges are committed
enough to come back and commit their code a couple of days later.  A member
of the community wanting to make a bug report is less likely too.  As it
is, when SF is up, people think having to register or even log in is too
much of a burden.  When SF is down, people sometimes send tracker items to
the pydev list instead, when means someone else (who?) has to put in the
tracker or it gets lost.