Sure Steve

Lemme see ... (indentation changed so comments associate with correct bits)

Out of curiosity, do you find:

filenames = [os.path.join(dirpath, filename)
# This is cool
for dirpath, _, filenames in os.walk('.')
# This is getting tricky, whats the '_' for? Which thing goes where again in a comprehension?
for filename in filenames]
# The hierarchy has nailed me by this point. I will have to start over...

Yes, yes I do find it more difficult to read. Maybe I just don't know python as well as I should (certainly not as well as others here!). I guess it is just familiarity. A single comprehension is ok, nesting them gets tricky, and 3 times is a strike for me. I will practise :)

keep well
Caleb