BOOGIEMAN said unto the world upon 2005-02-10 16:06:
OK, thanks all
Here's presentation of my advanced programming skills :)
import os
import time

os.system("cls")

number = 78
guess = 0

while guess != number:
guess = input("Guess number: ")
if guess > number:
print "Lower"
time.sleep(3)
os.system("cls")

elif guess < number: print "Higher"
time.sleep(3)
os.system("cls")

print "That's the number !"
---------------------------------------
BTW, I'm thinking to replace lines "time.sleep(3)"
with something like "Press any key to guess again"
How do I do that ?

Also I wanted to put at the end something like
"Do you want to guess again ?" and then "GOTO" start
of program, but since there is no such command in Python
what are my possible solutions ?

Hi,

As for your situation, I'd do something like this untested code:

guess = input("Guess number: ")
while guess != number:
    print `Nope.'
    guess = raw_input('Guess again? (Enter q for quit)')
    if guess.lower() == 'q':  # .lower() ensures 'Q' will match
        print `Quitter!'
        break
    if guess > number:
        # stuff here
    if guess < number:
        # different stuff here

raw_input is safer than input as it prevents malicious code from ruining your day.

A while loop is the usual way to repeat something until some condition is met. Here it repeats until guess == number. Another common idiom is

while True:
    # do some stuff
    if some_condition:  # some condition being True signals the
        break           # need to break out of the loop

I game to Python 10'ish years after I'd programmed some in BASIC and then not again. It took me a while to grok goto-less coding, too :-)

HTH,

Brian vdB