On Mar 12, 9:56 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Diez B. Roggisch a écrit :
>
> > Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>
> >> Grant Edwards a écrit :
> >> (snip)

> >> I wouldn't say so - robustness is a quality of a program, not of a
> >> language !-)
>
> > Nope. Dealing with dangling references and double frees, complex
> > copy-semantics that change only by a feeble character or via overloaded and
> > thus hard to comprehend assignment operators are all properties of C++,
>
> Indeed
>
> > and
> > tremendously afflict robustness IMHO.
>
> robustness of programs written with this language, yes.
>
> NB : I'm afraid the smiley got lost somewhere between screen and
> readers, so here comes another one !-)

Everyone seems to have misunderstood what I want. I'm a Python
developer, I don't give a rats ass about what people say about C#,
Python, or c++, they all have their uses. My main reasoning for
considering C++ as the backend is some things (reading memory for
example) are much easier to do in C++ than in Python, and we already
have a lot written in C++.

The argument about robustness, has nothing to do with how nicely
formatted the language is, or how great the tracebacks are, it's
strictly about how high the memory cost is and how much CPU it's going
to take. Python is well known for being high on memory and C++ being
compiled can be a lot faster for things.

Anyways, thanks for everyones feedback, we will most likely go with a
combination of Python and C++.