[Falcolas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>]

| I took a moment to look at the gui editor which has been made
| available to me, and short of the "remove leading spaces" commands, I
| do not need to remove my hands from the keyboard if I do not want
| to.

well, that depends on the editing features you use.  I use a lot of
features I am not consciously aware of, so if I were to list what I
require from an editor, I would have trouble enumerating them.

I can't even tell you what keys they are bound to because I just use
them instinctively.  the same goes for VI. (VI having the added
benefit of a really systematic way to organize editing actions into a
sort of a matrix (a useful metaphor I was made aware of by an "expert
VI user" who showed me how to make some editing operations more
efficiently))

having people who are good at efficient editing show you some tricks
really pays off btw.  I can't bear to watch other people edit text
because they are doing so much manual labor that could have been
avoided if they had just bothered to learn more effective editing
habits.

-Bjørn