Douglas Alan wrote:
Steven Bethard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I'm guessing the * syntax is pretty unlikely to win Guido's
approval. There have been a number of requests[1][2][3] for syntax
like:

x, y, *rest = iterable

Oh, it is so wrong that Guido objects to the above. Python needs fully destructuring assignment!

Yeah, there are a lot of folks that like this idea, but most of us are willing to conceded that Guido's intuition for these kind of things is generally pretty good. This would be convenient for me occasionally, but I certainly wouldn't need it that often...

STeVe