On Apr 5, 5:50 pm, Jetus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a need for a database program. I downloaded the db2 from ibm,
> and reviewed some of the documentation.
>
> My question is, what is the easiest program for me to try to learn. I
> will be creating a database of about 25,000 records, it will be
> relational. I am a beginner Python programmer, and need a database
> solution that is easy to grasp. I played with sql,
> and found that very difficult, if not overly cumbersome.
>
> A database that could work with Django would be very interesting to
> look at as well..
>
> Any suggestions out there?

sqlite is arguably the simplest relational database out there,
and it is integrated with Python 2.5+. Of course you need to
tell us if an embedded database if enough for your use case,
or if you want a client-server database, if you use Windows
or Unix, if you want graphical administration tools or not,
what your final goal is, and so on.

  Michele Simionato