> Hello, I was hoping to get some opinions on a subject. I've been
> programming Python for almost two years now. Recently I learned Perl,
> but frankly I'm not very comfortable with it. Now I want to move on
> two either Java or C++, but I'm not sure which. Which one do you think
> is a softer transition for a Python programmer? Which one do you think
> will educate me the best?

I can't say from personal experience (it was C, C++, then Python for me)
but I think you'll find Java very annoying, especially if you value
Python for elegance. Both C++ and Java have different philosophy than
Python, but C++ is better designed and more flexible.

As for the 'number of jobs' argument, sure there are more Java jobs but
this is offset by the number of Java programmers.

Cheers,
Greg