En Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:43:56 -0300, Paul Boddie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

On 23 Apr, 11:12, Mark Wooding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gabriel Genellina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Because Python doesn't follow the "boxed variables" model.

Be careful here.  `Boxed types' or `boxed objects' is a technical term
essentially meaning `heap-allocated objects, probably with reference
semantics', which Python most definitely does use -- so this almost
means the opposite of what you're talking about.

I think Gabriel meant "variables as boxes" - the classic description
of variables in "old school" programming languages, which is in
contrast to the "variables as labels" model used by Python.

Yes, I used the wrong expression here. Paul is right, I was thinking of "variables" as a "box" with a label written on it, and a value inside. That model is not valid in Python.

--
Gabriel Genellina