Dave Parker schrieb:
Who has conducted the research that supports that statement? And since when
is ^ the better operator for "to the power of" that **? Because latex uses
it? I need to see the elementary school students who use that...

All of the calculators and textbooks that elementary school students
use, use "^" for powers.  Just like Flaming Thunder does.  I haven't
seen "**" for powers since FORTRAN.

I haven't seen a power operator in elementary school at all. And even *if* I did see it, it would have been in the raised-text-variant, *not* the caret that is a crutch.

Diez