On Mon, 19 May 2008 08:20:22 +1000, John Salerno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey all. Just thought I'd ask a general question for my own interest. Every time I think of something I might do in Python, it usually involves creating a GUI interface, so I was wondering what kind of work you all do with Python that does *not* involve any GUI work. This could be any little scripts you write for your own benefit, or what you do at work, if you feel like talking about that! :)

Thanks.

- Enhancing existing products by scripting new features.
- Interface between databases, Excel and text files.
- Convert data between flat files and XML.
- Manage files for build processes.
- Automating processes (e.g. checkout, builds, FTP).

Wish I had some reasons to make a GUI application in Python.

--
Kam-Hung Soh <a href="http://kamhungsoh.com/blog";>Software Salariman</a>