D'Arcy J.M. Cain a écrit :
On Wed, 28 May 2008 10:25:01 -0000
"James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey everyone,

I just started using python and cant figure this out, I'm trying to make a program where someone types in a word and the program gives it back backwards. For example if the person puts in "cat" I want the program to give it back as "tac" and what it does is prints out 3,2,1. How can I get these integers to print as letters? This is what I have,

word = raw_input("Type a word:")
start = len(word)

for letter in range(start, 0, -1):
print letter

Ignore my previous message.  Too early.  Here is your script:

word = raw_input("Type a word:")
for i in range(len(word), 0, -1):
    print word[i]

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
IndexError: string index out of range

sequence indices are zero-based, so you want to start at len(word) -1. And the range upper limit (second argument) is not included. So you want to pass -1 here.