Andrew wrote:
Hi I was wondering if there is anyway with XML RPC to send a string of text from the server to the client with out calling return thus breaking my loop

for example

 def somefunc():
      for action, files in results:
              full_filename = os.path.join(path_to_watch, files)
              theact = ACTIONS.get(action, "Unknown")
              out2 =  str(full_filename) +  " " + str(theact)
              return out2

the return statement will return a result breaking my loop. My goal is to have it continue looping and updating the client

any ideas?

Yes, use yield instead of return. It turns the function into a generator.

Christian