En Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:34:35 -0300, Derek Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribi�:
On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 03:16:00PM -0700, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 03:09:18 -0400, Derek Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> struct run {
>    int speed;
>    direction_type direction;
> };
>
> Not a function.  Describes an action.  Sure, you'll probably never see
> this example in a real program.  But that doesn't mean you can't do
> it, and it doesn't make it inherently wrong.  Someone somewhere might
> very well find a legitimate use case.

        Does neither for me... It defines a (physics) VELOCITY (a direction
and a speed, but lacking in starting position and in duration).

OK... so, let me ask you then: I have a computer program that graphs
the state of a particular act of running over time t.  The only
information the program cares about is the speed and direction of that
particular instance of running.  What would your data structure look
like?

I'd use the name "velocity", a noun, as Dennis Lee Bieber already said. In pedantic mode, "average velocity". If you still want to push further such ridiculous example I'll have to think that you're just trolling.

--
Gabriel Genellina