Hi Pythoneers,

I have a question about a code I wrote with the help of someone. The code below copy a few lines from different files into one file. It works fine as it is given here and generates the new file 'pockets.out' correctly, but says:"....py returned exit code 0". However, if I add more values to 'receptor' (say, receptor = ['1AZM' '1ADS']) it gives an error: "Exception raised while running script".

Can anyone please advice me? Why is it giving an error on multiple x but runs well with one (I made sure that all files and folders exist, etc.). What does exit code 0 mean? what does "exception raised" mean?

Thanks a lot,
BK

CODE:

|receptors = ['1AZM']
for x in receptors:
   print x
# open out_file for appending for each 'x' in receptors, close at same level out_file = open('c:/Linux/Dock_method_validation/%s/validation/pockets.out' %(x),'a')
   for i in range(10):
       for r in (7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17):
f = open('%s/validation/ligand_ran_line_%s_%s.mol2' %(x,i,r), 'r')
           out_file.write('%s ' %i)
           out_file.write('%s ' %r)
           # assume 'PRIMARY' should be found first
           # set flag for string 'PRIMARY'
           primary = False
           # iterate on file object, empty files will be skipped
           for line in f:
               if 'PRIMARY' in line:
                   primary = True
                   out_file.write(line.strip()) # write line to out_file
                   out_file.write(' ')               # add a space
# write all line after 'PRIMARY' was found until 'TRIPOS' is found
               elif 'TRIPOS' not in line and primary:
out_file.write(line.strip()) out_file.write(' ') # add a space
               elif 'TRIPOS' in line and primary:
break # stop when 'TRIPOS' is found
           print
           out_file.write('\n')   # move to a new line
f.close() # close file. for loop moves to next 'r' value, and then to next 'i'
   out_file.close()    # close out_file|